Austin Apartment Association Celebrates Individual Achievement, Best Apartment Communities with APEX
(Austin, TX – December 15, 2021) Austin Apartment Association (AAA) announced the 2021 honorees of its annual APEX – Apartment Excellence Awards during a gala held at Renaissance Austin Hotel this Friday, December 10, 2021. Held for 28 years, the program recognizes individuals and apartment communities that demonstrate industry excellence. This year, AAA received 119 nominations in Property of the Year categories and a record breaking 256 nominations for Professional of the Year. Seventeen properties and eight individuals were recognized with an award.
Professional of the Year Awards were given in eight categories for 2021, including additional maintenance categories, expanded to recognize deserving candidates at all levels of the profession. Professional of the Year award candidates were nominated by industry professionals for a peer-based judging process.
The 2021 winners are:
- Property Manager of the Year: Jamie Price, Greystar
- Assistant Manager of the Year: Kaylyn Tidwell, CREA Management
- Leasing Specialist of the Year: Katie Guajardo, Greystar
- Supplier of the Year: Toni Rackley, Flooring Warehouse
- Maintenance Manager of the Year: Michael Snider, NRP Group
- Maintenance Technician of the Year: Gustavo Calderon, Berkshire Residential Investments
- Regional Maintenance Supervisor of the Year: Tracy Dove, CREA Management
- Portfolio Supervisor of the Year: Kimberly Faulkner, Greystar
Properties considered for Property of the Year awards can self-nominate and are evaluated on following criteria: staff and staff designations; physical/visual inspection; a blind-shop of the property; and - new in 2021 – the Online Reputation Assessment (ORA) Score. Judges for the staff and physical inspection criteria were all members of the Austin Apartment Association. The blind shopping tours were conducted by an independent third-party entity, while the ORA scores were provided by an independent research organization.
Two special awards were presented, including CARE (Creating an Amazing Resident Experience) Award, recognizing a community that has excelled at keeping its residents satisfied and engaged during 2021; and the Rise Above Award, open to owner/management and supplier members of the AAA, recognizing a company that has contributed the most to the well-being of the Austin community in 2021.
Of 119 finalists, the following properties received Property of the Year Awards:
- CARE Award: Solea Cedar Park, Sparrow Living
- Rise Above Award: ResProp Property Management
- Pearl Award (Lease-up Property): Trailhead, Greystar
- Topaz Award (Mid/High-Rise – up to 9 floors): The Kenzie at the Domain, Greystar
- Crystal Award (Mid/High-Rise – 10+ floors): Ashton Austin, Greystar
- Emerald Award (Garden Style, 50 – 299 Units/Built 2010-2018): Elan East, Greystar
- Emerald Award (Garden Style, 300 + units/Built 2010-2018): The Allure, Tricon Residential
- Diamond Award (50-299 units/Built 2000-2009): Springmarc Apartments, Greystar
- Diamond Award (300+ units/Built 2000-2009): Indigo, Greystar
- Sapphire Award (50-299 units/Built 1990 – 1999): Creekstone Apartment Homes, Greystar
- Sapphire Award (300+ units/Built 1990 – 1999): Folio, Greystar
- Ruby Award (50-299 units/Built prior to 1989): Element Austin, Presidium Property Management
- Ruby Award (300+ units/Built prior to 1989): Retreat at Barton Creek, Avenue5 Residential
- Onyx Award (Renovation Award): Mesa Verde, Greystar
- Opal Award (Active Adult/55+): Overture Domain, Greystar
- Amethyst (Student Property): Vibe on Riverside, Presidium Property Management
- Amber (Affordable Housing): 44 South, CREA Management
About Austin Apartment Association
Founded in 1964, Austin Apartment Association represents more than 1,000 diverse businesses that own, manage and service more than 290,000+ rental homes in the Greater Austin Area. Our mission is to advance the expertise and collective community impact of the rental housing industry. To learn more about the Austin Apartment Association, please visit our website at https://www.austinaptassoc.com.
To view event photos, click here.