Food Drive 2021 - our 35th Year!
Hand-in-hand with the Community Outreach Committee, the Austin Apartment Association’s annual Doc & Gayle Young Food Drive (held during the fall) is a 35-year legacy of a volunteer-driven fundraiser to purchase Thanksgiving foodstuffs for Central Texans. The “Crew” helps plan the various fundraisers, cultivates donors, and organizes volunteers and logistics for the annual delivery day the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
Who can join? All members! Both Outreach and the Food Drive Crew are some of the most FUN and energetic committees! Both are open to suppliers, owners, and management company members.
How to join? Jump right in and join us at a meeting, or contact the Committee Chair(s) or Staff Liaison to obtain the meeting schedule or more details. Join anytime throughout the year.
Food Drive Committee Chair(s)
- Taryn Merrill, MA, CAM of Greystar
- Terri Needham, CAS of PS Landscapes, Inc.
- Paige Russell of CREA
Food Drive 2021 Fundraising & Awareness Events
- Kick-off Happy Hour at 77 Degrees – Aug 24
- Change for Change – Week of Sept 13
- AAA’s Got Talent at the Water Tank – Sept 23
- Happy Hour/Volleyball tournament online auction – Oct 28
- Fall Golf Tournament – Nov 11
- Facebook Live Bake Sale – Nov 19
- DELIVERY DAY #35 - Tuesday, November 23, 2021