This is a hybrid (in-person and virtual) presentation and includes a break for lunch.
FREE FOR AAA MEMBERS
Join the AAA Community Outreach Committee as we get Red Cross Ready... so we can help next time there's an apartment fire or other disaster. Red Cross is providing training for the Austin Apartment Association Disaster Action Team (DAT).
You are urged to attend if you are interested in being a part of helping our community when disaster strikes one of our rental housing members.
REGISTER WITH AAA & Red Cross!!!
1) Register on the BOTH the AAA Event Page, by clicking the blue REGISTER NOW button above.
2) Complete the Pre-registration Form through the Red Cross Portal.
We will be hosting an in-person session at the Austin Apartment Association office on May 4th on a first come, first served basis for a MAX of 30 members. If you would like to attend in person, please REGISTER above to get your slot. If you would like to attend virtually or if there are no more in-person slots available, please REGISTER above for the virtual option.
There are THREE Levels of Training Available through the American Red Cross and we are covering #1 below and 1 Training Session from #2 below (out of 8 that you will need to complete on your own virtually):
- Preparedness for Community Managers including a checklist of items to always have on hand (this will be covered in the course)
- Disaster Action Team Orientation and Training – local, personal disasters like home fires (1 out of 8 trainings will be covered in the course)
- Mass Care Training - Hurricanes or Flooding Events (to be completed on your own in a virtual setting through the American Red Cross)
Before the training session, you MUST click the button below and complete this volunteer application!
Filling out the volunteer form will ensure you are notified and have access to the next steps for becoming certified, including additional online training.