Austin and Travis County extended the Eviction Protection through August 1, with New Exceptions:
- City of Austin Mayor Adler's local Emergency Orders prohibits the issuance of Notices to Vacate (NTV) through June 1, 2021 with the same exceptions.
- Starting June 1 and continuing through August 1, 2021, additional exceptions are offered:
- tenants owing rent more than 5 months due on or after April 1, 2020, as declared on a verification form that states
- the landlord has exhausted all available rental assistance remedies; or
- the landlord or tenant is not eligible for any rental assistance remedies; and
- the landlord notified the tenant that an application for rental assistance remedies was submitted within 7 days from the date of application.
- Travis County Judge Andy Brown issued similar Orders reflecting the same language prohibiting issuing notices to vacate (NTVs).
60-Day Notice Extended to August 9:
- City of Austin Council passed the fifth extension of the requirement to issue a 60-day notice of proposed eviction, for any rent debt incurred due to COVID-19, between March 26, 2020 and August 9, 2021.
Join us to find out more about the new exceptions going into effect on June 1.