In this virtual Food for Thought, David Johnson of PermaLast Coating Systems will discuss Roof Coatings
1) Roof coatings make re-roofing outdated tech.
- With today’s silicone roof coatings, you get a roof that is...
✓ better ✓ stronger ✓ less expensive ✓ lasts indefinitely
- What are roof coatings?
- For flat roofs only.
2) Silicone coatings lasts indefinitely:
- Coatings are guaranteed to last the life of the building if maintained. How?
- They will not get dry or brittle.
- UV rays do not hurt them.
- Ponding water does not damage them.
- 400% elongation
- Renewable warranties
3) A fraction of the cost of a new roof:
- Initial cost is only about $3.00 per SF.
- 100% tax deductible in the first year (equal to 21% discount of total cost)
- State energy incentives 15¢ per sf rebate and more.
- Energy savings (35% cooler).
4) Stronger & better walkways: TPO vs. Roof Coatings
- Roof coatings strength
- Walkways: Walking pads vs. imbedded granules.
✓ More fire resistant. ✓ Slip resistant. ✓ More resistent to wear.
- COST: Traditional walkways
✓ $10.00 per SF vs. .80¢ for Embedded granules. ✓ At 80¢ per SF, you can afford to make the whole roof as strong as a walkway.
The Food for Thought seminars are quick, one-hour sessions exclusively for AAA members. Attendees can earn 1 Continuing Education Credit towards their credential renewal.