For Sale or Management Change? Be Prepared, Not Scared!
+ Panel Discussion and Q&A
Presented by: Christy Sanchez, Magic Make Readies, Amanda Yarbrough & Shanna Thomas, RPM, Jessica Esparza, Avenue5, and Ryan Vonier, Griffis Residential
This program aims to empower the Maintenance and Office teams in the maintenance department to effectively prepare for a community sale or management change. It comprehensively covers essential aspects such as team retention, boosting team morale, property maintenance best practices, handling capital projects, supply management, due diligence, and property transition. By equipping the teams with these critical skills and knowledge, they will be better equipped to navigate this transitional period and ensure a smooth and successful process for the entire community.
We will dive into:
*More detail on being prepared for a property inspection
*It is not bad is a flaw is found on the inspection
*Transparency in the property questionnaire and do not over communicate
*Uncommon documentation requested
*Challenges with not providing documents
- How to keep your team calm, focused and retained once they are notified of the sale or management change.
- What are the maintenance priorities during a due diligence and sale or management change and the difference between the two.
- Review the process and average timeline of a sale or management change.
- Review best practices for managing maintenance cost and capital projects during this time.
- Review best practices for PO management during a transition.
- Review questions to ask your supervisor or a new company to be calm and prepared for this time.
Jessica Esparza will discuss Transfers and Cancellations of the following:
- Answering Service
Best practices to be prepared to hand these items off to the new ownership/management teams
Ryan Vonier will discuss a maintenance portion over:
- Preparing for the inspections (Sellers and Buyers)
- Make Ready’s
- Pulling Keys
- Communication with residents
- Software Tools (Buyers)
- InfoTycoon / SitePlan
- Happy Inspector
- Site Audit Pro
- Smartsheet / Google Sheets
- Setting up GC inspections/testing (Buyers)
- Mechanicals (Elevators, HVAC,
- Fire Protection
For More Information:
Attendees can earn 2 CEC's!
Are you an StarPass Subscriber? Get a FREE registration with StarPass. Learn more about the StarPass Subscription
COURSE GOOD FOR EDUCATION TRACK