Fair Housing (Virtual)
Click here to join webinar
Virtual Seminar presented by Attorney Bill Warren, Warren Law Firm
Worth 3 CECS
Join Attorney Bill Warren as he covers the basics and beyond of Fair Housing.
• To whom do fair housing laws apply, who is exempt from them and how does one effectively practice fair housing on a day-to-day basis?
• The different approaches to assistance animals under the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
• How do you identify an assistance animal and address requests for them?
• The relationship between Direct Threats and assistance and service animals
• Knowing and Understanding the HUD Guidance on the use of criminal records when evaluating a prospect or an existing resident
• What immediate changes do I need to make to my Tenant Selection Criteria due to the HUD Guidance and the permissible manner to use one’s criminal history?
• Disability Inquiries which can and cannot be made of persons with disabilities & how can one avoid disability dis¬crimination under fair housing laws?
• What are the differences between accommodations and modifications and how do you judge the reasonableness of such a request?
• Who bears the burden of expense (to create and undo) in connection with a reasonable modification and accom¬modation requests?
• The practical effects of Hoarding Disorders and how to address the problems they raise and the concerns they cre¬ate
• What are Fundamental Alterations and what do they mean to a landlord?
• Practice Tips to avoid discrimination against persons in protected classes.
• Design and Construction elements and the risks of a D & C Complaint
• What are the pitfalls of enforcing occupancy policies?
• What are the unique aspects of housing for older persons?
• Major and recent legal developments in housing discrimination, such as disparate impact
For More Information:
Good for the following Education Tracks:
Free for ACE Subscribers.