CPO Pool Certification Course
Understand techniques & skills required for proper pool operations.
Presented by: Mitchell Bouzek, Commerical Swim
Each day's class will be from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Course price includes textbook and exam.
Did you know that, in Texas, all public swimming pools and spas have to be under the supervision and direction of a properly trained and certified operator? (The operator does not have to be on site when the pool/spa is open. The operator can be responsible for multiple pools/spas at multiple locations. The operator's name and contact information must be available on-site.)
The Certified Pool & Spa Operator® (CPO®) certification program is the world’s leading education and certification program for keeping pools safer and keeping them open.
You will learn how to:
- Reduce risks in and around the water
- Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
- Address regulatory guidelines
- Maintain disinfection and water balance
- Manage water problems
- Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record keeping
- Manage chemical feed
- Utilize automation and technology
- Ensuring on-site pool maintenance personnel are trained to properly operate all equipment.
- Ensuring chemicals are used according to manufacturer's instructions, and Safety Data Sheets and proper PPE is provided on-site.
- Ensuring the pool/spa is tested as required and logs, as required are maintained properly.
The CPO certification exam will take place on the second day and will take approximately 2.5 hours.
*Please note, this class needs a total of 10 registrations if not it will have to be rescheduled.
COURSE GOOD FOR EDUCATION TRACK