Property of the Year Awards Nominations
Nominations Open through December 13, 2019
Note on all submissions.
In nominating this property to enter the 2020 Property of the Year Awards, you understand that payment of $125.00 is required. This fee is used for the blind shop component of the judging. Once you submit your nomination, you will be directed to the payment form where you'll select the quantity (i.e. "1") to generate your total and proceed with payment. Contact Emily Blair at 512-323-0990 with any questions.
You may submit for only one award category
- Pearl Award (Lease-up Property Award) (affordable and mid/high-rise not included in this category) Any property that is less than 12 months old, either at the time of nomination, or within one year of 1st move in at time of nomination.
- Topaz Award (Mid/High-Rise) Any property that has 9 or less residential floors, has interior corridors, elevators and parking garage.
- Crystal Award (Mid/High-Rise) Any property that has 10+ residential floors, has interior corridors, elevators and parking garage.
- Amber Award (Affordable Housing Award) Any affordable housing property. Must have income and rent restrictions on greater than 50% of total number of units (e.g. HTC, AHDP, Bond, HOME, Housing Trust Fund and COA Smart Housing)
- Emerald Award (50 – 299 Units) Any garden-style property with four stories or fewer and surface parking built between 2010 and 2018
- Emerald Award (300 + units) Any garden-style property with four stories or fewer built between 2010 and 2018.
- Diamond Award 50-299 units built between 2000 and 2009
- Diamond Award 300+ units built between 2000 and 2009
- Sapphire Award 50-299 units built between 1990 and 1999
- Sapphire Award 300+ units built between 1990 and 1999
- Ruby Award 50-299 units built prior to 1989
- Ruby Award 300+ units built prior to 1989
- Onyx Award (Renovation Award) Any property with renovations having been done within the last three calendar years. Property must meet both interior and amenity renovations as identified below:
- Renovation Award Must include three of five interior improvements: counter tops, appliances, flooring, fixtures, or cabinets.
- AMENITY RENOVATION
Must include three of six amenity improvements:, landscaping, clubhouse/office, pool, fitness center, pet amenity spaces, or other recreational amenity space.
- AMENITY RENOVATION
- Opal Award – Active Adult/55+ NEW CLASSIFICATION 85% of residents must meet minimum age requirement of 55+.
- Amethyst Award – Student Property NEW CLASSIFICATION – more than 50% of the units are student occupied.