Property of the Year Awards
Congratulations to our 2020 Winners and Finalists!
Each year the Austin Apartment Association recognizes outstanding individuals and properties who achieved excellence and are leaders in their field. The 16 Property of the Year winners were announced at the 2020 APEX Awards, held virtually on December 3, 2020.
This inaugural event was a combined ceremony featuring both the Property of the Year and the Professional of the Year Awards. All winners were featured in the AAA Winter 2021 WINDOW on Rental Housing magazine that is scheduled to hit mailboxes the week of January 18, 2021.
Includes community photos and property descriptions of the 16 Property of the Year winners ONLY. Click below to see the full 2020 APEX Winners' Book that includes the Professional of the Year winners as well.
Properties Are Evaluated On Three Categories
- Staff and staff designations
- Physical/visual inspection
- Blind shop of the property
Judges for the staff and physical inspection categories are all members of the Austin Apartment Association. The blind shops are performed by an independent entity. Any property to be considered for an award must first be nominated during the annual call for nominations each Spring.
2020 Award Categories, Finalists & Winners
Best Virtual Tour Award – NEW in 2020
Our new virtual world is ever-changing and evolving and virtually renting an apartment is part of that new world. Show us how your community has risen to the occasion and changed the way you rent apartments by creating an alternative way to reach potential renters.
- Estraya Georgetown, Greystar - WINNER
- Lenox SOCO, Kairoi Residential
- Sur512, CREA Management
CARE Award (Creating an Amazing Resident Experience) – NEW in 2020
The CARE Award recognizes a community that has excelled at keeping their residents satisfied and engaged during 2020. How have you worked on resident retention? Maybe you held a DJ'd porch party or hosted an ice cream truck visit or a socially distanced happy hour. Submit the fun and creative things you have done in 2020!
- 3500 Westlake Apartments, Greystar
- Century Travesia, First Communities
- Estraya Georgetown, Greystar
- Gables Republic Square, Gables Residential - WINNER
- Lakeshore Pearl, CREA Management
- tree, Greystar
Rise Above Award – NEW in 2020
The Rise Above Award is open to owner/management AND supplier members. This award recognizes a company that has given back to the community in 2020. Have you and your employees banded together to distribute PPE, have you provided mental health support, collected food for food pantry's or contributed to rental assistance programs. Tell us how you have contributed to the well being of our community in 2020.
- Foundation Communities - WINNER
Pearl Award (Lease-up)
Affordable and mid/high-rise not included in this category) Any property that is less than 12 months old, either at the time of nomination or within one year of 1st move in at the time of nomination.
- Altair Tech Ridge, Roscoe Properties
- Copeland, Roscoe Properties
- The Ridge at Headwaters, Suburban Homes - WINNER
Topaz Award (Mid-Rise)
Any property that has 9 or fewer residential floors, has interior corridors, elevators, and parking garage.
- 7East, Greystar - WINNER
- FLORA Luxury Apartments, JCI Residential
- The Kenzie at the Domain, Greystar
Crystal Award (High-Rise)
Any property that has 10+ residential floors, has interior corridors, elevators, and parking garage.
- The Bowie, Pinnacle - WINNER
- The Catherine, Christopher Commercial
- Whitley, Greystar
Emerald Award (50 – 299 Units)
Any garden-style property with four stories or fewer and surface parking built between 2010 and 2018
- The Green at Plum Creek, Embrey Management Services - WINNER
The Sarah, Carroll Property Management
Emerald Award (300 + units)
Any garden-style property with four stories or fewer built between 2010 and 2018.
- Bexley at White Stone, Weinstein Properties
- Century Travesia, First Communities Management, Inc.
- Hays Junction, Roscoe Properties
- Pearl Lantana, Morgan Group, Inc.
Diamond Award (50-299 units)
Any property built between 2000 and 2009 with 50-299 units
- 5th Street Commons, Greystar - WINNER
- AMLI Eastside, AMLI
- The Vue, Presidium Property Management
Diamond Award (300+ units)
Any property built between 2000 and 2009 with 300+ units
- Alister Balcones, Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Ellie, Roscoe Properties
- Waters at Bluff Springs, Atlantic Housing Management - WINNER
Sapphire Award (50-299 units)
Any property built between 1990 and 1999 with 50-299 units
- Belara Apartments, Roscoe Properties
- Creekstone Apartment Homes, Greystar
- Montelena, Greystar
- Regal Parc Apartments, Greystar
Sapphire Award (300+ units)
Any property built between 1990 and 1999 with 300+ units
- Folio, Greystar
- Mesa Verde, Greystar
- The Village at Gracy Farms, Greystar
Ruby Award (50-299 units)
Any property built prior to 1989 with 50-299 units
- Mesh Apartments, Roscoe Properties
- South Lamar Village, Greystar - WINNER
- The Ivy, Roscoe Properties
- Villas of La Costa, Belco Equities, Inc.
Ruby Award (300+ units)
Any property built prior to 1989 with 300+ units
- Balcones Club, Presidium Property Management - WINNER
- Skyline at Barton Creek, Roscoe Properties
- Solaris, Presidium Property Management
Onyx Award (Renovation Award)
Any property with renovations having been done within the last three calendar years. The property must meet both interior and amenity renovations as identified.
- AMLI South Shore, AMLI - WINNER
- Establishment, Roscoe Properties
- Toscana, Greystar
Opal Award (Active Adult/55+) - NEW CLASSIFICATION
Any property where 85% of the residents are a minimum age of 55+
- Overture Arboretum, Greystar - WINNER
- Overture Domain, Greystar