Resources for Austin Area Renters during COVID-19
If you are a renter or looking to provide your tenants with resources, please download our Renter Resource Document above. It includes FAQs related to COVID-19 and contacts of local groups that may offer assistance.
Si usted es un inquilino o esta buscando proveer recursos a sus residents, por favor descargue nuestro documento de recursos para inquilinos arriba. La pagina incluye Preguntas Frecuentes acerca de COVID-19 y contactos de grupos locales que podrian ofrecerle ayuda.
RENT Assistance for Austin Tenants Affected by COVID-19
To help Austinites at risk of losing their rental housing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Austin has created the Relief of Emergency Needs for Tenants (RENT) Assistance Program.
The funds will help income-eligible tenants in the City of Austin who:
- Live within Austin’s full purpose city limits & make 80% or less of the Median Family Income (See table below).
- Are currently on a lease or contractually bound relationship & not already recipients of federal rental assistance programs.
- Have documentation showing that COVID-19 has affected them financially (e.g., pay stubs, unemployment notice, a notice of rent due, etc.).
How will the RENT program work?
Renters who think they may be eligible must apply for the RENT Assistance Program online at AustinTexas.gov/RENT. Eligible applicants will be randomly selected, and if qualified, RENT assistance will be for the full amount of the selected applicant’s rent and paid directly to the renter’s landlord.
When is it available?
Applications are available starting August 19th at 8 a.m. Applications will remain open from August through January 2021, or until funds are exhausted. Applicants only need to apply once to be considered for rent assistance, But if you applied for the RENT program in May 2020 and still need help with rent due to COVID-19 please reapply.
To learn more about the RENT Assistance Program and other resources available, call 512.488.1397 or go to AustinTexas.gov/RENT
From Johns Hopkins, CDC and EPA
- COVID-19 Map
- CDC Coronavirus Resource Center
- What you need to know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- EPA's Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus